Who are the people behind DiiD?
DiiD is a venture of Designer Publications Kerala, the publishers of first Malayalam Architecture-Interior Designing magazine, “Designer + Builder”.
Where exactly is DiiD functioning?
It is at Ravipuram in MG Road, almost opposite Deepa (Now Kanoos) Theatre, above Sony Center.
What are the courses provided by DiiD?
- 12 months PG Diploma In Interior Design (PGDIID)
- 8 monthsAdvance Diploma In Interior Design (ADIID)
- 6 monthsDiploma In Interior Design (DIID)
- 3months Certificate Course In Interior Design (CCIID)
(above courses are certified by KITCOASSOCHAM Consortium)
* Short term courses in interior Design
*AUTOCAD, 3DS MAX & VRAY, SKETCHUP & VRAY, PHOTOSHOP
- Certified by Designer Institute of Interior Design
What are the main differences between PGDIID and other courses?
- PGDIID is for one year (9 months class and 3 months internship)The eligibility is for graduates (including engineering graduates) who want to be thoroughprofessionals in interior designing, either to be employed at key positions with interiordesigning firms or to become entrepreneurs in interior designing on their own.
- ADIID is for 8 months (6 months class and 2 months internship) . The eligibility is for non-graduates (+2 or Diploma Holders from Poly-techniques or others)
- DIID is for 6 months without internship .Eligibility is SSLC
- CCIID is for 3 months with one year experience in this field. Minimum eligibility is SSLC
Can you please elaborate?
- PGDIID is a regular course from Monday to Friday (daily 4 hours) and one day full day class for Fine Arts, has more contents in theory and practical which alsoincludes a Project trimester. It is ideally suitable for all graduates with/without any formaleducation in interior design and now wants to be formally trained in it. Candidates whowould like to master key positions in Interior designing firms or to become entrepreneurs ininterior designing on their own can make their dreams come true.
- ADIID can be considered as a part time course (3 hours daily – Monday to Friday)) and one day full day class for Fine Arts.ADIID is made ideally suitable for all thosewho have completed +2, or Diploma Holders from Poly-techniques with/without any formal education in interior designing and wantsto be formally trained in it so that they can take up higher and more challengingassignments in Interior Designing. It is also for those house wives who want to take upInterior Designing as a hobby or part-time work or to re-start a career as the children aregrown up.
- DIIDcan also be considered as a part time course (2 hours daily – Monday to Friday)) and one day full day class for Fine Arts. DIID is made ideally suitable for all thosewho have passedwith/without any formal education in interior designing .
- CCIID classes will be either on Saturdays or Sundays full time class,for those who have with one year experience in this field. Minimum eligibility SSLC
What will be the acceptability of PGDIID and other courses , in India and abroad?
Designer Institute has chosen a very relevant curriculum and the learners are trained
properly. Also the PG Diploma, and other Diploma courses issued by the Consortium of KITCO andASSOCHAM are well accepted not only in India, but even abroad.
What are you doing in your programmes to make the students competent in seeking and getting employment overseas?
As already stated, DiiD also imparts adequate professional practice and management skills to make the learners competent to become entrepreneurs. Also there are adequate sessions on life skills, soft-skills and other interpersonal skills to make the learners competent professionals in employment also.
Are you teaching any of the foreign languages like Arabic, Spanish, Italian, German etc., orhelping to improve the English speaking skills of the learners?
At present, no new foreign languages are taught. But adequate interpersonal communication skills in English will be imparted to the learners during the programmes through classes and seminars.
What are you doing to improve the soft-skills / life skills of the learners so that they can do better, especially while facing an interview for an appointment abroad?
Obviously, these trainings will help the learners to do much better in facing aninterview board for employment in India and abroad with added confidence.
Whether these are in distance education / correspondence mode?
Currently our courses are held in the face-to-face mode only. Learners of the courses do get individual attention from our expert faculties ( Architects and Interior Designers)so that they can become thorough professionals in Interior Designing.
I am an entrepreneur in Interior Designing and I cannot stay away from my business for long. How can I make use of the programs of DiiD?
May be you can attend our Seminars or other short term courses when announced to update yourself, of course, paying the prescribed fees for the same.
Where all are the classes held?
Above Sony Center, Opposite Deepa Theatre Bus Stop, Ravipuram, MG Road, Ernakulam, Kochi -682016.
- +91-484-4000816, +919496315711, 9633606301
- Classes are held at DiiD Campus at Ravipuram on MG Road, just opposite Deepa, Theatre Bus Stop. It is situated above Sony Center and UCO Bank, and easily accessible by bus.
When are the classes held?
- PGDIID sessions are held from 9.30am to 1.30pm, Monday to Friday and one day full day
- ADIID sessions are held either from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm or from 2.00pm to 5.00 pm to 5:00pm , Monday to Friday and one day full day.
- DIID sessions are held from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm, Monday to Friday and one day full day.
- And 9:30am to 5:00pm, Monday Tuesday and Wednesday.[full day session]
- CCIID is held either on Saturdays or Sundays from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Is there any compulsion I should attend the classes / have some minimum attendance?
Yes. A minimum 80% attendance in the theory and practical classes are mandatory to write the examinations held by the KITCO-ASSOCHAM Consortium, which is the Certifying Authority.
Do you have a Saturday-Sunday-Holiday only batch?
We have sessions on Saturday -Sunday-Holiday for CCID Learners only.
Are the fees not slightly higher compared to what is available in the market now?
Taking in to account the kind of inputs the learners receive from the Courses, it is not high.One who has joined any of the Courses can feel this, seeing the kind of the infrastructure of DiiD and the individual care shown to each of the learners by our expert faculties and the quality of the Programs. Also we have added in our syllabus enough contents on Professional Practice and Management which can help one to become an entrepreneur after the Course. Also there are personality development sessions in the Programmes. It may also be noted that the course fees indicated is from the beginning of the course. There is no increase in the fees structure.
Can I pay the tuition fee in monthly installments?
No monthly installments are possible. However, learners who cannot pay the entire fees at the time of joining can pay the fees in three installments 40% at the time of seeking admission and the remaining 60% in 30% each after 3 months from the time of admission and balance 30% after 3 months of the 2nd installment.
Will you help me to get bank loan for paying the fees and meeting the other expenses?
We have not made any such tie ups with banks at the moment. You will have to make your own arrangement for that. However we can provide a letter that you are a student in this institute (only after joining ).
What is special about your courses?
Quality education, individual care, face-to-face mode, centrally located campus, excellent class rooms with AC, ideal labs, added contents on personality development, professional practice and entrepreneurship are a few to say.
Can you please tell me more on that?
Learners joining DiiD come out after the Course as thorough professionals who are a premium product and wanted by the industry all over the world and also competent to be entrepreneurs on their own.
What is the intake per batch?
It is limited to ensure individual attention and care.
Why is there different duration for the courses?
The contents are different. Obviously more for the PGDIID. Theory portions and practical are done much more for that. Also it has a bigger dose of Professional Practice and Management contents when compared to other courses.
Can I join for one and later change (upgrade or downgrade) to the other, for any personal or other reasons?
It may not be ordinarily possible. However, under exceptional circumstances the Institute may consider such requests on a case to case basis on merits and circumstances, subject to conditions, at its discretion.