The vision envisaged by the organization of Designer Publications Kerala Pvt. Ltd is taking shape through the Designer Institute of Interior Design. The Institute is all about educating and equipping students, professionals, learners in the field of Interior Design.
Developing the aesthetic sense and know how in you .You will be guided how to improve the judgment skills in choosing materials for a pleasant Interior. On the job training in scale drawing and presentation techniques will be given.Exposure to software aiding in the art of interior designing. Professional Practice holds the key to any designer’s success and so enhancing interaction and project management skills is also what we will strive for.
Interior Design is a fast developing discipline. Its importance lies in the fact that the interior use of an enclosed space is changing frequently due to the fast changing life styles. Thus the need of an interior designer will increase in the coming years.
Designer Institute of Interior Design situated at Ravipuram, in the heart of the city of Cochin, helps in educating and equipping the professionals, learners in the field of Interior designing which is a fast developing area.
Currently we are the only accredited interior designing training institute offering the KITCO – ASSOCHAM Consortium Diplomas in Interior Designing. At the outset we would like to explain that these Courses are not simply about the theory of interior design. These are intensive practical Courses developed to provide you with the professional skills required to succeed as an Interior Designer. Learners of both the Courses will get adequate knowledge about the management practices required to become an entrepreneur in interior design also.
When Started :
August 1st 2011 : The MOU between DiiD owned by Designer Publications Kerala Pvt Ltd and KITCO – ASSOCHAM Consortium.
- KITCO is an organization for monitoring industrial projects of small, medium and large scale. Human Resource Development Programmes undertaken by KITCO include entrepreneurship development, skill up gradation, skill certification, certification of vocational courses and placement services. It’s a reputed Govt. of Kerala body.
- ASSOCHAM : It is an apex body of more than 300 Chambers and Trade Associations in India and enjoys the patronage from all major industries in the country. It is one of the Indian bodies held in high esteem all over the world.
- Consortium means an association of two or more individuals, companies, organizations or governments (or any combination of these entities) with the objective of participating in a common activity or pooling their resources for achieving a common goal. KITCO and ASSOCHAM have joined hands to design, conduct, examine and certify quality courses and training programmes in different areas where there is a felt need for qualified human resources, in India and overseas.
5th September 2011 : Inauguration of the Institute by Honorable District Collector Mr.Sheik Pareed IAS.
15th September 2011 : Commencement of class for the first batch of students enrolled to the batch of PGDIID and DIID.
22nd January 2012 : Commencement of class for the first batch of students enrolled to the batch of PDIID.
25th April 2012 : Commencement of class for the Second batch of students enrolled to the batch of DIID.
9th July 2012 : Graduation ceremony of the 1st batch of DIID of DiiD.
3rd October 2012 : Commencement of class for the Third batch of students enrolled to the batch of DIID.
15th October 2012 : Commencement of class for the Second batch of students enrolled to the batch of PGDIID.
4th February 2013 : Commencement of class for the Fourth batch of students enrolled to the batch of DIID.
12th April 2013 : Graduation ceremony of the 1st batch of PGDIID and 2nd Batch DIID of DiiD.
2nd May 2013 : Commencement of class for the Fifth batch of students enrolled to the batch of DIID.
12th August 2013 : Commencement of class for the First batch of students enrolled to the batch of ADIID.
13th August 2013 : Graduation ceremony of the 1st batch of PDIID and 3rd Batch DIID of DiiD.
13th November 2013 : Commencement of class for the Sixth batch of students enrolled to the batch of DIID.
5th March 2014 : Commencement of class for the Second batch of students enrolled to the batch of ADIID.
28th March 2014 : Graduation ceremony of the 2nd batch of PGDIID and 4th & 5th Batch DIID of DiiD.
21st April 2014 : Commencement of class for the Third batch of students enrolled to the batch of PGDIID.
The Road Ahead
The Institute seeks to provide a unique and exciting specialist design education which is based on futuristic methods but which challenges conventional concepts, processes and solutions in order to meet the needs of present and future generations of students. Education has a vital part to play in shaping the future of design. And keeping in mind the desire to mould the future of aspiring designers. we chalk out innovative and enriching programs and interaction sessions with professionals. The courses are also tailored to meet the market demands. The valuable inputs, suggestions from the experts in these fields are carefully considered to make the courses a fruitful one in all aspects.
WHY DiiD ?
- Quality Training & Authentic Certification
- On the job training & Regular Site Visits
- State of the art Classrooms and Labs
- Faculty includes qualified Architects & Interior Designers
- Exposure to the latest softwares aiding in interior designing
- Placement Assistance in leading Architectural firms
- Adequate management contents to start professional practice/become an entrepreneur